At Oxford Brookes University, I was responsible for communicating upgrades of the core tools and the new features and changes that these would introduce to our stakeholders.
Moodle Summer Upgrade 3.4 - June 2018
In June 2018, Oxford Brookes updated Moodle, the institutional VLE, from version 3.2 to version 3.4. I built a page which would communicate new features and changes using the following elements:
- A showcase of the new features with videos (both for 3.3 and 3.4)
- Annotated screenshots with the changes in Turnitin’s plugin
- The UI differences in the Turnitin plugin using the H5P Image Juxtaposition tool.
Introducing Feedback Studio by Turnitin
In August 2017, the University adopted Turnitin’s new marking tool called Feedback Studio (formerly GradeMark). The new tool introduced a new user interface along with some new features and changes of existing ones. I built a page which would communicate new features and changes using the following elements:
- A rotating banner with the changes in screenshots
- A grid with what the tool offers
- A block with the changes in existing functionality
- A block with links to more resources